These Terms of Service only apply to non-commercial use and work. If you would like to commission a piece for commercial use (i.e. you want to make real cash dollars using it), please contact me for details.
By ordering a commission, you agree to the following terms:
- SFW, uncontroversial content only. No fetish stuff or things that could be mistaken for fetishes, even if it’s technically SFW
- Don’t use for commercial purposes (reselling/marketing/etc)
- You must pay within 10 days of getting your invoice (payment plans available over $100)
- Let me know beforehand if you have a deadline
- If you drastically alter your request halfway through I will charge you extra
- You can cancel at any time but you might not get a refund
- The prices on my price sheets are estimates only. To get a real quote, contact me or fill out my commission form. I will respond and give you an exact quote.
- Quotes are valid for 3 months unless stated otherwise.
- I will not draw sexualized, fetish-oriented, political, religious, inflammatory, or otherwise controversial content.
- If you are not sure if I will draw it, just ask!
- I need visual reference for characters (even if it’s just a collage of photos from a search engine).
- If you have a deadline, let me know when first requesting your quote and I will let you know whether I can work with those time frames. I might charge a rush fee depending on the circumstance.
- I reserve the right to reject a commission request without any reason or explanation.
Pricing & Payment
- All payments will be sent through PayPal invoice in USD. NOTE: you do not need a PayPal account! You can use a regular credit/debit card without making an account.
- Invoices are due within 10 days of receipt unless specifically agreed otherwise. If the invoice isn’t paid within its due date, the invoice AND the commission will be canceled and you will lose your slot. The final due date will be listed on the invoice.
- I will start work only after your initial quote invoice is paid in full, unless we’ve specifically agreed otherwise.
- Commissions over $100 can be paid in multiple installments. In these cases, I will start work after 50% of the initial quote price has been paid.
- I will only deliver your full-size unwatermarked finished commission after full payment of your initial quote and any revision fees.
- I’ll cover all transfer fees.
Creation & Revision
- Unless stated otherwise, you will get at least 1 rough sketch to approve or request revisions on.
- If you request revisions outside the scope of the initial quote (like you suddenly decide to add extra characters), or if your revision requests take over 2 extra hours to complete, you agree to pay $20 per extra hour of work.
- I can record video of me making these edits so you can see exactly how long it takes if you aren’t comfortable taking my word for it.
- Please do not be scared about this policy! I almost never actually use it. But some people try to bait-and-switch a 4-hour commission into a 40-hour one and I need to protect myself from that.
- You can cancel your commission and request a refund at any time.
- I also reserve the right to cancel any commission at any time for any reason. I will obviously try my best not to do this because it is extremely bad for my reputation and business.
- If I haven’t started work on your commission when it is canceled, you will get a full refund.
- If I’ve already started work, I will give a partial refund at my discretion, deducting the value of the time already spent. I may also give you half-finished art at my discretion.
- If we agreed on a deadline and I don’t get the commission done in time, I will refund any rush fees but will not refund anything else. Please don’t put too much faith in my timekeeping abilities.
Copyright & Sales
- You agree not to sell your commission to third parties, use it in marketing, financially profit from it, or otherwise use it for commercial purposes without my express written permission. This applies even if you heavily edit the commission.
- It is totally fine to “sell” your commission for fictional/closed virtual currency (dA points, Gaia Gold, etc) or nonmonetary compensation (adoptables, bumps, hugs, etc). Just not real legal tender or things that can be converted to it.
- I do not claim any rights to characters or other intellectual properties drawn in a commission.
- My commissions are not “work for hire” and I retain all rights to the created work.
- Generally, all this means is I may post it on my website portfolio/social media and/or show drawing process videos of it. I will never resell your commission unless you give me express written permission, and I will put a watermark on your commission before displaying it. If you would like me to link to you for credit, I will happily do so.
- If you would like me to keep your commission private, just let me know and I will not post it online or use it in my portfolio.
- You can freely display your commission online and offline for noncommercial purposes.
- You can go wild with editing! You may crop, filter, draw on, type on, and resize your commission, you can clean up rough sketches and color lineart, and you can alter and color adoptable template commissions (recolors, lineart edits, certing, etc).
- You don’t have to give explicit credit (though I would really appreciate it) but you cannot outright pretend someone else drew the piece, even if it’s been heavily edited.
- I obviously can’t enforce this, but please try not to use your commissioned work in ways that could tarnish my reputation. I try to be a child-friendly and uncontroversial person and would like to stay that way.
By commissioning me, you agree to the Terms of Service listed above.
These Terms of Service are subject to change. Changes are not retroactive and do not affect commissions started before the change was made.